A GROUP OF SIX ITALIAN BAROQUE RED AND YELLOW SILK, AND METALLIC THREAD PANELS,
each centered with the arms of the Albani family, and surrounded with foliate scrolls
Variations to size 22½in. (55cm.) wide, 145½in. (370cm.) long, the largest (6)
This group of panels originally hung on the walls of Castelbarco Albani of Milano and reputedly appear in the eighteenth century palace accounts. In 1923 upon the marriage of Count Francesco di Castelbarco Albani and Countess Maria Graziella Masetti di Bagnano they were moved to Castello di Uzzano, Greve in Chianti, to adorn the walls for the marriage ceremony. They remained at Castello di Uzzano in the possession of the Castelbarco Albani Masetti family until their sale at Christie's House sale, Castello di Uzzano, 21-23 October 1999, lots 623 and 626, for a total of 10,580,000 Lire ($5,900).