Lange & Söhne
A. Lange & Söhne was first established in 1868 by Aldoph Lange in the town of Glasshütte, Saxony. The firm established itself as makers of distinctive time pieces. After a three-year period of turmoil due to World War II, the factory was destroyed and in 1948 Lange & Söhne lost all of their assets to the new regional communist government. Shortly after 1951 the Lange Co. name ceased to exist. In 1990, two months after the reunification of Germany, Mr Walter Lange put A. Lange & Söhne back in business. Using his great-grandfather's journey book as a beacon, the company returned to horological eminence. The latest creations include an over-size date window now incorporated into a column wheel controlled by a fly-back feature. This "Datograph" epitomizes the attention to aesthetics and mechanics found in all Lange timepieces, and reveals a family endowed with both drive and watch making prowess.
Lots 1173-1174 Property of a Private Collector