The highly prolific Maison Krieger was established in 1826 by brothers Antoine and Nicolas Krieger, with premises at 17, rue Saint-Nicolas, Paris. Changing address several times, the firm became known as Antoine Krieger & Cie. in 1850 and moved to 76, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine in 1853. They exhibited copies and interpretations of 18th century styles in 1852 and 1855, winning a Médaille de 2ème classe at the London exhibition of 1852. On Krieger's death in 1856, the company passed to his sons-in-law and became Cosse-Racault et Cie. Finally, after further name changes, it became Damon & Cie circa 1880, and moved to 74, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine (see D. Ledoux-Lebard, Le Mobilier Français du XIXe Siècle, Paris, 1989, pp. 396-7).