A LARGE PARCEL-GILT SILVER TRIPTYCH
MARKED SAZIKOV WITH THE IMPERIAL WARRANT, ST PETERSBURG, CIRCA 1850-1860s
Traditionally shaped, the hinged covers opening to reveal the Feodorovskaya Icon of the Mother of God flanked by ten saints, all within silver-gilt stepped rims, the exterior of the hinged sides decorated with silver-gilt scrolling foliage and cast and chased cartouche depicting Archangel Michael, the reverse engraved with a prayer of Moses the Man of God, with a hinged medallion on top, marked on medallion; in the original silk and velvet-lined wood case stamped Sazikov with the Imperial Warrant
9 7/8 in. (25 cm.) high
63.84 oz. (1,985.7 gr.) gross
Acquired by the current owner's grandfather, a German doctor, at the end of the Second World War in the Soviet Union in return for medical assistance.