Vladimir Mooro (b. 1855), son of Colonel Grigory Mooro, was a renowned Russian architect and military engineer. A graduate of the prestigious Nikolaev Engineering College in St Petersburg in 1873, Mooro established his career in the Amur province, where he rose to the rank of colonel and became the premier architect of the city of Khabarovsk. He was instrumental in the construction of St Innocent Church (1898), a monument of national importance, which was named in honour of the first Bishop of Irkutsk and patron saint of Siberia and the Far East.
A comparable beaker dated 1873, was sold Christie's, London, 9 June 2009, lot 102.