Longton Hall had just a brief period of production from 1750 to 1760. Despite being the only porcelain factory in Staffordshire the body is whiter than that of many other manufacturers, and often finely potted and delicately enamelled. The current lot shows the influence of Japanese Kakiemon designs, but the form bears clear reference to Meissen. It is also interesting to note that upon closure of the Staffordshire factory the owner, William Littler, then re-established himself at West Pans near Musselburgh.
Cf. the example sold in these Rooms, 2nd November 1998, lot 78.