The marks on the reverse of the porcelain plaque relate to a flower painter named Freta, active 1763-1773. This attribution is unconfirmed, and his marks normally appeared on teawares. It is interesting to note that the plaque was repaired at one time, and during the restoration, reproduced marks were placed over the originals. As part of the restoration, a later green and gilt border was added. It is likely that the plaque was originally a tray, or part of a table ambulante that has been cut down for use in this cabinet, a common practice with 19th century ébénistes.