The highly prolific Maison Krieger of the Faubourg Saint-Antoine was established in 1826 by Antoine Krieger and his brother Nicolas. They exhibited copies and interpretations of 18th century styles in 1852 and 1855, winning a Médaille de 2ème classe at the London exhibition of 1852.
The business moved several times before 1856 when the company was taken over by their sons-in-law, taking on the name of Cosse-Racault et Cie, and eventually became Damon et Cie when it was consolidated in 1880. (see D. Ledoux-Lebard, Le Mobilier Français du XIXe Siècle, Paris, 1989, pp. 396-7).