Payne notes that the present cabinet-on-stand, index number 684, was originally made by Beurdeley, before being copied and, in addition, adapted as a companion vitrine by Linke. An example of both the cabinet and vitrine was supplied to Elias Meyer for his Grosvenor Square mansion (see Payne, 2003, p. 247, pl. 262 for a contemporary photograph showing both in situ). After the latter's death in 1926, these were re-purchased by Linke and subsequently sold to the King of Egypt towards the end of the same decade.
For a note on François Linke, please see lot 100.