Marsh, Jones and Cribb were successful 19th Century furniture manufacturers and retailers based in Leeds at Boar Lane and Basinghall Street and London's Cavendish Square. The company evolved after Marsh and Jones acquired the old firm of John Kendell in 1864. Their work is discussed in B.J. Talbert's Examples of Ancient and Modern Furniture Metal Work Tapestries Decoration etc., London, 1876.
A George III mahogany ladder-back side chair with a Marsh, Jones, Cribb and Co. label dated October 1907, has an illegible workman's name written in pencil and is stamped on the rear leg 'H. W. COOPER'. It is recorded by Sam Wilson as having been bought from the firm's antiques department in May 1908 (illustrated in C. Gilbert, Furniture at Temple Newsam House and Lotherton Hall, Leeds, 1978, fig. 84, p. 93).