The main inscription around the body reads:
'izz li-mawlana al-sultan al-malik al-'alim al-'adil al-malik al-nasir (glory to our lord, the sultan, the king, the wise, the just, al-Malik al-Nasir).
Two other blue glass lamps with notably spherical body, one formerly in the Mannheim Collection, Paris, and now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, the other from the collection of Baroness Batsheva de Rothschild, sold in these Rooms 14 December 2000, lot 11 are probably from the same atelier (for the Metropolitan example please see Schmoranz, G.: Old Oriental Gilt and Enamelled Glass Vessels, English Version, Vienna and London, 1899, pl. XXVIII). The links in design of the present lamp with others mentioned in the note on the Rothschild lamp indicate that all three were the product of the same manufactory in Paris.