The illuminations are as follows:
1. The four monks (2 on either side of the manuscript)
2. The birth tales of Prince Temiya
3. Prince Janake shipwrecked
4. The Sama birth tale (left), (right) King Piliyakha with bow and arrow
5. Sama's blind parents
6. A scene from Nimi's birth tale, a scene in Hell. (left) tortured souls, (right) Nimi's journey to Hell.
7. A scene from Nimi's birth tale, a scene in Hell. (left) ghouls, (right) adulterers forced into thorny trees by guards armed with spears. 8. (left) The tale of Bhuridatta the sacred serpent (Naga). (right) The two hunters who will ultimately capture Bhuridatta.
9. (left) Prince Chandakumara's birth tale, (right) Prince Chandakumara saved from being sacrificed by the green god Indra.
10. Scenes from Narada's birth tale
11. The four monks, this time a conclusion scene, similar illumination as the opening scene.
12. (verso) Hermits and a giant (Yaksha) listening to Phra Malai's religious discourse
13. The Great Birth Tale, the story of Prince Vessantara
14. The birth tale of the sage Vidhura. (left) Vidhura being tortured by Yaksha (right) Vidhura holding on the tail of a demon's horse in flight.