The label appears to be later in style than the chair and is possibly a dealer's rather than a manufacturer's label.
John Ward went into partnership with Thomas Griffin, invalid chair-maker, 6 Leicester Square in about 1845. By 1851 Griffin had retired and Ward continued trading until 1903. Ward's chairs are often inscribed with his name and address on the hub cap (C. Gilbert, Pictorial Dictionary of Marked London Furniture 1700-1840, Leeds, 1996, p. 54 and 416, fig. 935.