The Brooklyn, built in 1910, was a steam powered, New York railroad tug. She was built in 1910-1911 by Wm. Cramp & Sons of Philadelphia. The Brooklyn was built for the New York Dock Company and spent her entire 50-year career shuttling barges loaded with railroad cars back and forth across New York Harbor. Its original steam powerplant lasted throughout its entire time in service.