The frieze of the Temple of Vesta at Tivoli, also known as the Temple of the Sibyl, with its libation paterae and ribbon-tied ox-heads and fruit-garlands, was popularised in the 18th century by engravings published in G. B. Piranesi's Vedute di Roma. The architect Sir John Soane (d. 1837) sketched the temple when in Italy, and later acquired a cast from a section of it. It inspired both his designs for the Tivoli corner of the Bank of England, and his early 1780's design for a cornice of a house in Adams Place, London. The latter made use of the 'Ox-head and festoons of Fruit', illustrated in Eleanor Coade's Artificial Stone Manufactory catalogue of 1778 (See Pierre de la Ruffinière du Prey, John Soane, Chicago, 1982, figs. 11.7-9).