This famous shop was opened in 1799 by François-Simon-Alphonse Giroux at 7 Rue du Coq-Saint-Honoré. His son Alphonse-Gustave took over the shop on 19 May 1838. He was awarded a Silver Medal at the 1838 exposition des produits de l'industrie française. He exhibited wedding caskets, nécessaires, guéridons, jardinières and meubles de boudoir. He relocated in 1857 at 43, Boulevard des Capucines. In 1867, he sold the business to Duvinage et Harinkouke.