Maison Krieger of the Faubourg Saing-Antoine was established by Antoine Krieger and his brother Nicolas in Paris in 1826. They exhibited copies and interpretations of 18th century styles in 1852 and 1855, winning a Médaille de 2ème classe at the London exhibition of 1852.
The business moved several times up until 1856 when it was taken over by their sons-in-law and the company took on the name of Cosse-Racault et Cie, becoming Damon et Cie when it was finally consolidated in 1880. (see D. Ledoux-Lebard, Le Mobilier Français du XIXe Siècle, Paris, 1989, pp. 396-7).