The old faience factory of 1735 was bought by Jean Louis Baron de Beyerl in 1742. Porcelain production was begun immediately and by 1766 it had gradually replaced the earlier faience production. From 1754 the artistic and technical management was in the care of the painter and chemist F.-A. Anstett. The enterprise flourished and employed 150 workers by 1789. The decoration of Niderviller pieces was very similar to that of contemporary porcelain - Indian flowers, European flowers and fleurs barbeaux, or landscapes. From 1827, L.W. Dryander was the owner. He stopped the porcelain production and preferred to produce ceramics in the English taste. He also industrialised the factory which was later taken over by his two sons.