Made on request of Mrs. T. Schröder-Schräder in the 1960's as one of two replica-maquettes by the present owner who worked as an employee at the architect bureau Rietveld, Van Dillen en Van Tricht. Mrs. Schröder did no longer want to put the original one on loan to exhibitions.
For comparison see:
Marijke Küper and Ida van Zijl, G.Th. Rietveld 1888-1964, het volledige werk, Utrecht, 1992, p.98 for an illustration of the original maquette