These guns were built for Colonel J. Forbes-Robertson, V.C., D.S.O., M.C. An extraordinarily courageous soldier, Col. Forbes-Robertson was awarded his V.C. after maintaining a vigorous defence of his position in April 1918 near Vieux Berquin. His example, conducted under un-remitting fire, brought the German advance on that particular front to a standstill.
The makers have kindly confirmed that the guns were completed in 1901. The ejectors of the No. 1 gun require regulating and the gun requires rejointing