The wall sconces originally formed part of the interior of the home of Leopold Blauensteiner (1881-1947) in Vienna. (See also Lots 9, 11 and 12). Blauensteiner was a Secessionist painter who trained initially under Griepenkerl. In 1904 he exhibited for the first time in the Secessionist exhibition in Vienna, alongside Hoffmann and Moser. He was a member of the influential Hagenbund and latterly a member and president of the Knsterlerbund in Vienna.