The arms are those of Stewart. Cf. D.S.Howard, op.cit, p.225.
The arms were originally those of Sir John Stewart of Jedburgh. The same coat-of-arms was also borne by Sir William Stewart, Lord Mayor of London in 1722, and it is possible that this service was made for his second son. Three other services with these arms were made within a decade of this one.