In 1870 the firm of Barbezat et Cie., founded in 1855, changed its name to 'Societé Anonyme... du Val d'Osne'. It continued to produce a large range of architectural ornaments and sculptural figure groups typical of the large foundry firms of the period. They exhibited at the Chicago International Exhibition in 1893 (see: Y. Devaux, L'Univers des Bronzes, 1978, p. 295, figs. 295-300 and J. Davis, Antique Garden Ornament, London, 1991, pp. 277-280).