The arms are those of Moore with those of Coghill in pretence, as borne by Charles Moore, Baron Moore of Tullamore (1712-1764). He succeeded his father to the Barony in 1725 and married Hester, daughter and heir to James Coghill, in 1737. He received his M.A. from Trinity College, Dublin in 1730 and was twice Grand Master of Freemasons, 1741-43 and 1760-61. He was created Earl of Charleville in 1758.