The 1790s Estimate Sketch Books of Gillows of London and Lancaster include a design for a lily-vase candelabrum on a related tripod stand with ram monopodia (L. Boynton, Gillow Furniture Designs 1760-1800, Royston 1995, fig. 217). A pair of related ram-monopodia stands at Heaton Hall, Lancashire is illustrated on the frontispiece of Heaton Hall, Manchester, 1988.
Brynkinalt, Clwyd, the ancient family seat of the Trevor family, was built in 1612 by Sir Edward Trevor. Two centuries later, the house was aggrandised by Arthur Hill-Trevor, 2nd Viscount Dungannon, and then in 1926 and again in 1952, when it was returned almost to its original appearance.