The arms are those borne unofficially by Chambers until he had a grant of new and differenced arms on 9 January 1835; the present arms also include a label of three points indicating that he was the eldest then surviving son of his living father. Born at Calcutta on 16 July 1779, he was a barrister at law of the Middle Temple, called to the Bar in 1804. He was appointed a Commissioner of Bankrupts on 17 August 1804, a Magistrate of Union Hall, Borough of Southwark in 1810, and removed to Marlborough Street Office in 1833 from which he retired in 1839. He died aged 63 in 1843 in Brooke Street and was buried at Trinity Church, Marylebone. His widow Eliza died in 1858 and was buried at the New Church, Loughton.