A pair of George III silver sauce-boats
Unmarked, circa 1810
Shaped oval and on a oval spreading foot with gadrooned border, gadrooned rim, the body engraved with a coat-of-arms and crest, the bases numbered 'No 1' and 'No 2' and 'J14' and 'J16'
6in. (16.5cm.) long
The arms are those of Hulse with a cadency mark for the second son, for Sir Samuel Hulse G.C.H. (1747-1837), vice-chamberlain in the household of King George IV. A general in the army, he was governor of Chelsea Hospital and was later made a Field-Marshall at the coronation of William IV. (2)