These bookcases were supplied as part of a gradual refurbishment to the Old School Cambridge University Library in the late 19th Century. In 1934, the library was rehoused and the shelves consequently became redundant. Originally from an extensive group of modular bookcases, some of the elements are cast with the signature Perfect Adjusting Shelving, Lamberts Patent, Manufd by W. Lucy & Co. Engineers & Founders, Oxford.
We are grateful to Peter Zutshi, Cambridge Library Archivist, for this information.