Henry Dasson (d. 1896) is recorded as having worked in Paris at 106, rue Vieille-du-Temple. Dasson specialized in reproducing a wide range of furniture and objets d'art of high quality in the style of Louis XIV, XV and XVI, often directly copying known pieces. He purchased the firm of the ébéniste Charles Winckelsen upon his death in 1870, and produced an impressive range of pieces for the Paris Expositions from 1878 until 1895. The firm's output was distinquished particularly by the fine quality of its ormolu mounts. The business continued until 1894, when a sale of remaining stock was held (see D. Ledoux-Lebard, Le Mobilier Français du XIX Sicle, Paris, 1984, pp. 146-151).
This fine pair of vases and covers exemplifys the superior quality of Dasson's ormolu which ranks him as one of the best bronziers working in the latter half of the 19th century. The 1894 sale of his remaining stock included no less than thirty-one lots of ormolu-mounted céladon gris, céladon vert d'eau and céladon turquoise truité, signifying that the combination of oriental porcelain with contemporary mounts, much in the tradition of the 18th century marchands merciers, was an important element in his oeuvre.