The mounts on these vases were almost certainly carried out to the order of the famous dealer and entrepreneur, Edward Holmes Baldock, whose business on Hanway Street flourished between 1805 and 1843. Baldock effectively acted as a marchand-mercier and specialized in the sale of 18th century French furniture and Svres porcelain. He also altered furniture and remounted porcelain to accomodate the tastes of his aristocratic English clientele.
The mounts are nearly identical to those on a pair of Meissen porcelain tureens in the collection of the Duke of Buccleuch at Drumlanrig Castle. Between 1830 and 1831, the 5th Duke of Buccleuch and his new wife formed a collection of primarily Svres porcelain, almost exclusively from Baldock (R. Savill, "The Svres Porcelain Collection of the Fifth Duke and Duchess of Buccleuch", in T. Murdoch ed., Boughton House, The English Versailles, 1992, p. 143). Baldock's chief patron was George IV and a similarly mounted pair of tureens is in the Royal Collection in the Queen's Presence Chamber at Windsor Castle.