The inventory stamp of the Palais des Tuileries on these chenets was probably applied during the Restauration period.
The Palais des Tuileries was begun in 1563 by Philibert Delorme for Catherine de Medici, but was not completed until after her death. When Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette were brought in triumph to Paris by the populace in 1789 they moved into the Tuileries, remaining there until it was sacked by the mob in 1792. In 1793 the Convention and Comité de Salut Public were installed there. The palace was subsequently occupied by Napoleon and Louis XVIII. The Tuileries was destroyed by the Commune in 1871.