The design for the present occasional table relates to the guéridon doubles colonnettes, an innovation of the celebrated Parisian ébéniste, Adam Weisweiler (maître 1778). With the common feature being its twin 'bamboo' supports, Weisweiler produced several variations of the table, some having a porcelain or Wedgwood inset top, others inset with marble, lapis lazuli or even lacquer. Examples are known to have been supplied to Madame du Barry and the Comte Skavronsky.
Henry Dasson (d. 1896), the celebrated Parisian ébéniste and bronzier had workshops at 106, rue Vieille du Temple, and specialised in the production of Louis XIV, XV and XVI style furniture and objects, either making direct copies of Royal furniture, or re-interpreting the original models. In 1871, he purchased the workshop and stock from the widow of Charles-Guillaume Winckelsen, who had established a reputation for furniture of the highest quality. Dasson's highly successful business continued until two years before his death, when a sale of his remaining inventory was held.