Both modelled after originals by Paul-Louis Cyfflé.
In 1768, Paul-Louis Cyfflé was given permission to manufacture biscuit porcelain for a period of fifteen years. He gave his paste the trade name of 'Terre de Lorraine', hence the marks associated with his factory. In keeping with the monopoly on decoration enjoyed by the Sèvres factory, he was not permitted to paint or gild his product.
Cf. Aileen Dawson, French Porcelain, A Catalogue of the British Museum Collection, London, 1994, p. 255