Born in 1820 at Saint-Alban, in Auvergne, Etienne-Simon-Eugène Roudillon established as tapissier-ébéniste in 1844. In 1853, he took over the house of Ringuet-Leprince. His workshops were located 9, rue Caumartin and employed up to 500 craftsmen.
He was in close contact with Fabergé, sharing part of their Royal and aristocratic clientèle such as Grand Duke Constantin of Russia.
Roudillon was awarded a medal at the 1844, 1867 and 1873 Great Exhibitions as well as the Légion d'Honneur in 1867. On 20 October 1877, he was nominated member of the Conseil de l'Ecole Nationale des Arts Décoratifs.
The business was sold circa 1880 to Renault & Cie, which became Alavoine in 1890.