Property to be sold to benefit a private trust founded in aid of Wyenburg Castle, Echteld. (lots 316-372)
Wyenburg Castle was built in 1178, by two brothers named 'de Echtelte'. Almost a century later the castle came into the de Wyhe family, who gave the castle's name. Later the castle was owned by the Van Wassenaer and Van Balveren families.
The castle as it stands now was built in the 16th century, although there are still sections of the castle which are medieval. In 1928 the castle was sold to mr. B.F. baron van Verschuer. In 1956 baron van Verschuer gave the castle to the Gelderland Trust. A full restoration of the castle was realized between 1967-1973.