Whether these cabinets came from Witley Court or Dudley House, we are at present unsure. One possibility is that they left the possession of the Ward family during the sale of Witley Court Estate and the remaining contents of the Mansion, Jackson-Stops and Staff, 26 September - 6 October 1938. Of course it is possible that they were part of the furnishings of Dudly House. Dudley House, Park Lane, London has become celebrated by furniture historians, more so for its later patron, Sir John Ward, than the original owner. Built in 1826 for the first Earl of Dudley the house was significantly embellished by the eleventh Lord Ward after 1855 and was leased in 1895 by the South African collector-millionaire, J.B. Robinson. Sir John Ward re-purchased the lease of Dudley House in 1912, and lived there until 1938.