The elevation of the study of tripods and candelabra alongside that of ancient vases by 18th century antiquarians, such as G. B. Piranesi, encouraged Henry Moses' publication of A Collection of Antique Vases, Altars, Paterae, Tripods, Candelabra, Sarcophagi etc. in 1814. The present tazza-capped candelabra, with palm-flowered pillars rising from acanthus-wrapped vases and tripod 'altar' plinths supported on palm-wrapped trusses, also relate to 'Candelabra' patterns published in George Smith's Designs for Household Furniture and Interior Decoration, 1808; as well as in his Cabinet-Maker and Upholsterer's Guide,1826 (pl. 18). They further relate to candelabra manufactured by Jeremiah Freeman (d. 1823) and William Freeman (d. 1839), the Norwich firm of carvers and gilders, and introduced as part of their 1820s aggrandisement of Felbrigg Hall, Norfolk carried out for Vice-Admiral William (Lukin) Windham (d. 1833). The latter's pillars, further enriched with ivy, derived from a Moses pattern (pl. 85) named after the Rome restorerer of antiquities Cavaceppi (J. Maddison, Felbrigg Hall, 1995).