A PAIR OF REGENCY ORMOLU-MOUNTED ROSEWOOD SIDE CABINETS
Each with a brass-inlaid rectangular top, above a frieze with satyr masks, and centred by chimerae, above two glazed doors each enclosing two shelves and flanked by tapering pilasters, on a plinth base and later simulated rosewood turned feet, one door lacking inner moulding, the doors probably added later in the 19th Century, one top in. (1 cm.) deeper than the other
34 in. (87.5 cm.) high; 35 in. (91 cm.) wide; 11 in. (29 cm.) deep (2)
Colonel G. Gore, Old Cwrt-yr-Ala House, Michaelstone-le-Pit, Near Cardiff.
Sir Herbert Merrett (d. 1958) New Cwrt-yr-Ala House, Michaelstone-le-Pit, circa 1938 and by descent.