The arms are those of Hughes quartering others, and impaling Grey, for William Lewis, 1st Baron Dinorbin (1767-1852), of Kinmel Park, Co. Denbigh and his first wife, Charlotte Mary (d. 1835), daughter of William Grey Esq., of Backworth, Northumberland, whom he married in 1804. After Charlotte's death he married Gertrude Smyth in 1840. She was the youngest daughter of Grice Smyth Esq and sister of Penelope (d.1882), who had married Carlo, Prince of Capua (1811-1882) at Gretna Green in 1836. The family fortunes were founded on copper mines on the nearby island of Anglesey. Lord Dinorbin's father built a large house designed by Samuel Wyatt (1737-1807) from 1790 to 1810. This was destroyed by fire in 1841 and his son rebuilt an even larger house designed by Thomas Hopper (1776-1856), who had recently completed Penrhyn Castle, Bangor.