Allan Adler (1916-2002) married Rebecca Blanchard in 1938, the daughter of Porter Blanchard, a fourth generation silversmith. His father-in-law taught him silversmithing, and he started his own business in 1939. During World War II he worked for the government, constructing silver tubes that were used for radar systems. This government contract also allowed him to buy silver during the rationing and he was able to employ twenty-four silversmiths and craftsmen to help create his designs.
After the war, he sold his silver out of four shops in Hollywood, Corona del Mar, La Jolla, and San Francisco and also through Neiman-Marcus, Marshall Field, J.E. Caldwell, Gump's, B. Altman's, and Wanamaker's. His work has been exhibited at the Los Angeles County Museum and Metropolitan Museum of Art, and he is a recipient of the Good Design Award from the Museum of Modern Art.