In an attempt to emulate other European Royal porcelain concerns, a manufactory was established in the grounds of The Belvedere Palace in Warsaw by King Stanilas Augustus in 1770. The production of faience was more successfully achieved than that of porcelain, but was relatively short-lived as the factory closed in 1780. The wares were mostly based on the Chinese and Japanese porcelain of the early 18th Century in the Royal collections.
See Halina Chojnacka, 'Warsaw 18th Century Faience', National Museum of Warsaw catalogue (n.d.) no. 7 for a vase of the same form as the present lot, but with differing decoration.