Thomas and George Seddon, successors to a long established firm of cabinet-makers were located in Aldersgate Street, London until 1826 when fire destroyed their workshop and they moved to Gray's Inn Road. They were awarded a Royal Warrant in 1832 following their partnership with Nicholas Morel to refurnish Windsor Castle. Thereafter, they included 'Manufacturers To Her Majesty' at the head of their label.
A pair of rosewood card tables by T. & G. Seddon and bearing the Aldersgate Street label, display very similar collared column supports and bold paw feet to the present lot. They are the property of English Heritage at Brodsworth Hall, South Yorkshire, and illustrated in C. Gilbert, The Pictorial Dictionary of Marked London Furniture, 1700-1840, Leeds, 1996, p. 408, fig. 810.