The present tazza or 'antique salt' is described in invoice books dated 27 June 1805 detailing a commission for Edward Lascelles, 1st Earl Harewood (1740-1820) from the Vuillamy workshops:
'Delivered a bronze tazza supported upon the backs of two eagles mounted upon a circular foot with blocks and Lions Masks the whole executed in bronze in the best manner & mounted upon black marble plinth at 12 guineas'
(C.104/58, No. 31, p. 243.)