In 1813 Gillows of London and Lancaster supplied a very similar 'Set of mahogany Imperial dining tables on stout twined reeded legs and brass socket casters' for Broughton Hall, Yorkshire at a cost of 50 gns. Prior to this, Richard Gillow had taken out a patent in 1800 for an extending table, known as the 'Patent Imperial dining-table' (M. Jourdain, Regency Furniture 1795-1830, London, rev.ed., 1965, p. 64-65, fig. 130).
A very similar dining-table also attributed to Gillows, was sold by The Lord Brownlow and the Trustees of the Brownlow Chattels Settlements, Belton House, Lincolnshire, Christie's house sale, 30 April-2 May 1984, lot 92. Although no accounts relating to the Brownlow commission appear to have survived, there can be little doubt that much of the furniture at Belton, like this dining-table, was supplied by Gillows.
A further closely related dining-table, almost certainly supplied to Peter, 5th Earl Cowper (d. 1836), Panshanger, Hertfordshire, was sold by a descendant in these Rooms, 7 July 1994, lot 65 and another was sold anonymously in these Rooms, 17 November 1994, lot 169.