THE THOMAS WEEKS MUSEUM
The ink-stand was retailed by Thomas Weeks's Museum, which was established about 1797 at nos. 3 & 4 Titchbourne Street. The Museum contained various mechanical curiosities including ingenious clocks, self-playing organs, toys, animated spiders and birds of paradise. His collection was sold off by auction in 1834 following his death. The premises also included an adjoining shop, where it is presumed that pieces such as this inkstand, signed by Weeks, were offered for sale.