William Collins undertook the relighting of Burton Constable, the home of John Chichester-Constable in Yorkshire, in the 1830s, and a very elaborate hall lantern, by him is illustrated in the Temple Newsam House, Country House Studies No. 4, Country House Lighting, 1992, p. 73, fig. 35. Collins also supplied the chandeliers to the 3rd Duke of Northumberland, for Northumberland House, The Strand, London, (demolished in 1874). The chandeliers are inscribed 'Manufactured by Johnston Brooks & Co. 32 New Street Square, for Wm Collins, 227 The Strand, 1823'. These were probably taken down at some point between 1847 and 1874, being too heavy to hang safely as chandeliers and were used as bases for jardiniers, and then as ornaments, which were then sold by the 10th Duke of Northumberland K.G., in these Rooms, 17 November 1988, lots 102 and 103.
A similar giltmetal hall lantern, was sold anonymously, in these Rooms, 5 February, 1987, lot 13. Another similar hall lantern is illustrated in 'Historical Present At Goodwood House', House and Garden, p. 129, (The Front Hall).