Rundell's album of designs at the Victoria and Albert Museum includes a centerpiece of this model, attributed to E.H. Baily after a design by Thomas Stothard. A pair of silver-gilt dessert stands of 1810-11, also with bacchic figures set between crossed thyrsi, formed part of the Duke of Wellington's Ambassadorial Service and remains at Apsley House (illustrated in N.M. Penzer, Paul Storr: The Last of the Goldsmiths, 1954, pl. XXXIII, p. 144). Three silver-gilt dessert stands and a centerpiece with scroll candle branches by Paul Storr of this type are illustrated in M. Moss, The Lillian and Morrie Moss Collection of Paul Storr Silver, 1972, pl. 65-66, pp. 128-29. A garniture consisting of three dessert stands with large mirror plateau, produced by Paul Storr in 1810, is illustrated in The Glory of the Goldsmith: Magnificent Gold and Silver from the Al-Tajir Collection, 1989, no. 131, p. 170.
Design for a centerpiece attributed to E.H. Baily, after a design by Thomas Stothard
Courtesy Board of Trustees of the Victoria & Albert Museum