The recent discovery of Thomas Willson's trade label tell us that Thomas and his wife, Mary Willson established a furniture broking firm in 1818 at 68 Great Queen Street. Furthermore, it appears that Thomas Willson was both cabinet-maker and dealer. The firm's stamped furniture consists of second-hand pieces which were simply retailed, and items made in their own workshop (C. Gilbert, Pictorial Dictionary of Marked London Furniture, 1700-1840, Leeds, 1996, p. 56, figs. 989-1006). Between 1830-37, after the death of Thomas Willson, the business was continued by Mary Willson and Son; after 1838 the business carried on under Matthew Willson.