The present teapot and saucer were originally part of a djeuner described in the factory records as fond burgos fleurs en tableaux which entered the sales room on 16 December 1826 (MNS, Archives, Registre Vv1, folio 259, no.4) and offered to the Pasha of Egypt on 19 October 1827 (MNS, Archives, Registre Vbb 7, folio 31).
The striking pink lustred ground, made in imitation of the nacre on a Burgau shell from which it takes its name, was also used on a dessert service circa 1825-1830 made for the duchesse de Berry and painted with hunting scenes by Philippe Soiron. See Regine de Plinval de Guillebon, Faance et Porcelaine de Paris, XVIIIe - XIXe Sicles, Paris, 1995, p. 281, fig. 262 for one of the ice-pails.
Our thanks to Tamara Praud for providing the archival documentation.