A SILVER KOVSH
MARKED LIUBAVIN, ST PETERSBURG, CIRCA 1890
Of traditional form with raised spout and shaped handle, the interior repoussé with rocaille edged circular reserve enclosing an Imperial double-headed eagle, the sides chased possibly with Russian dedication inscription, the finial set with an Imperial double-headed eagle, marked under handle
11 in. (28 cm.) long
10.70 oz. (332.8 gr.)
Acquired by Sir William Seeds KCMG (1882-1973), later British Ambassador to the Soviet Union from 1939-1940, when he was a student in Russia between 1899-1901.